What is Earth Day?
Every year on April 22, Earth Day marks the anniversary of the birth of the modern environmental movement in 1970.
Earth Day is an annual event on April 22 to demonstrate support for environmental protection. First held on April 22, 1970, it now includes a wide range of events coordinated globally by EarthDay.org including 1 billion people in more than 193 countries.
The official theme for 2022 is ‘Invest In Our Planet’.
Earth Day at The Pop-Up Club.
At the Pop-Up Club, we only deal with small businesses that use and curate sustainable and ethically sourced products. We believe that helping save our planet and having beautiful things need not be mutually exclusive. We hold our own business accountable too, from the materials we use to create our signature in-house displays, to reusing anything we acquire along the way to design beautifully curated windows.
A little imagination goes a long way and in turn, we offer an alternative retail experience that customers love!
5 Tips to being Earth Friendly on Earth Day
- Shop Vintage or preloved.
- Buy from small makers and artists and do your research on the products they use before you buy.
- Buy sustainable products that are built to last and you can use them over and over.
- Avoid fast fashion. Charity shops are cheaper and better for the environment.
- After you have finished with your product/garment put it on an online seller site like @vinted or @depop and pass it on, saving the environment and putting money in your pocket.
Pop Up Club Playlist for Earth Day
- Flowers in the Window – Travis
- Fake Plastic Trees – Radiohead
- Sunshine – Tieks ft Dan Harkna
- Sunset Lover – Petit Biscuit
- Woods – Mac Miller
- Spring 1 Recomposed – Max Richter/Daniel Hope/ Konzerthaus Kammerorchester Berlin